Tuesday 20 November 2012

The Moon

A sliver of a crescent
The rest a shadow of the whole
Startling; Strking
So little reflected
And yet...
Truly, mesmerisingly, beautiful
Nestled across the bottom of the moon
This wonderful faint outline of the whole disk
And as I think about this now
Is this a metaphor for me? For us?
So little of me reflected
Just the emergent, merest part
And yet...
What a beautiful thing to behold
All that potential
All that is still to be revealed
But none of this detracts from
Or undermines the beauty of the crescent
Present: here and now
No disappointment that more is not showing
Just a genuine enjoyment of that which is visible
This very instant
Is this a picture of how you see me?
Of how you love me?
Please let it be so.

2 comments:

  1. This is very beautiful Emma, I love the questioning alongside the understanding of your beauty right here and now. This is such a nice way of looking at life, yes there is lots of potential but also there is lots of beauty here and now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for coming and reading my blog Florence. Great to have you here and your encouragement is much appreciated

    ReplyDelete